Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Retail Sales August 2010

Retail sales rose 0.4 percent in August after a gain of 0.3 percent in July, the latest figure topping expectations for a 0.3 percent increase. Excluding automobile sales, the main factor in July’s overall gain, sales were up 0.6 percent in August, also better than expected.

Gasoline station sales rose 1.9 percent, the biggest increase for any sector, and excluding both autos and gasoline, sales rose 0.5 percent in August after a decline of 0.1 percent in July. Food and beverage sales rose 1.3 percent, clothing sales rose 1.2 percent, and sporting goods were up 0.9 percent while auto sales and electronics store sales fell 1.1 percent.


No comments: